Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EmmaSzkarlat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2014
Hello,

I have been experience big issues regarding my iPhone 6's battery life and charging time. I have followed numerous tutorials and guides on how to improve them, but I had no significant results.

I have followed almost all steps - with the exception of using iPad's charger, doing calibration (it would probably take up to 16 hours or even more) and reinstalling iOS 9 from the scratch. I believe I have followed all other steps.

My battery life, unsurprisingly, is very bad. Even though I have deleted almost all my apps, Facebook, disabled all those battery-eating fancy features, it's still bad. I get surprised when I don't lose 1-2% of battery in a minute or two. I try to get my battery to last all day, or at least while I'm not home.

But what is worse than a bad battery life? Perhaps an awful charging time. I'm not joking, if I try to charge from 0% to 100%, it may take up to 16 hours, and it's getting worse and worse. Yesterday, to charge from about 34% to 88%, it took almost 10 hours. Once it gets to 80%, it may take about 35 minutes to charge 1-2%. It is being utterly frustrating. I have no complaints about iPhones overall, except for battery/charging issues. I have spent a lot of time trying to fix it, but it only seems to worsen overtime. Sometimes, I need to have my battery high urgently, but not even charging is reliable anymore.

Please, may you tell me what can I do in order to at least reduce my issues until I'm finally able to get a new phone (it won't be soon...)? Will updating my software to 9.3.1 reduce it (as I have heard the battery plague still remains)?

Thank you very much in advance,
Slytherin

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.