Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Is coming out during fall season....Apple wouldn't release 3 major products in less than 5 weeks apart. The iPhone 6 has to come out during June/July so it can compete with the Samsung Galaxy S5 because that phone is going to destroy the iPhone 5S big time.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Some reports say that Apple may not even catch up with their 5s orders until December. Yeah, it makes total sense for them to launch its replacement like 6 months later.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
If anything, they will push out to Spring of 2015... Maybe launch a 128GB iPhone 5S in Spring of 2014. I only say this, because they have already delayed a launch with the iPhone 4.

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
I agree with the consensus here OP you argument seems flawed. The holiday quarter is Apple's most profitable one. The iPhone is Apple's most profitable product. They will wish to maximise those sales. If the iWatch or iTV are going to be released next year, it is more likely that they will be released in the summer quarter not the iPhone.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Launch should be around September (+/- 15 days) 2014. Even if the GS5 launches in April-May, apple will have plenty of options with the 5S. For apple its more important to coincide its new launch with its replacement cycle..Launch a phone 8-9 months after the last one was launched and you run a serious risk of screwing up replacement cycles. Most 5S Users would have purchased their phone between October and December 2013...and Most WILL NOT replace their phones by June-July even if the I6 is many times better.

The S5 Would put sales pressure however especially if Samsung can do away with the hideous design and plastic construction (I think this is amongst the main issues that many mac users have with the S4). A large number appreciates the larger screens particularly the younger demographic that is spending more and more time navigating the web or watching videos etc. The Iphone 6 will (in all probability) have a larger display..I think there is a sweet spot to be realized between the Iphone 5S/S4Mini/HTC_One_Mini and the GS4 and Apple should really target that and tap into the market. A 4.5-4.8 screen size should retain most traditional I_users while picking up more from Android. I also advocate adding GSM calling to the IPAD - MINI :)

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
To the OP, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has not said anything yet about what you are claiming. So its all false.

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Android always release their phones before apple. Why would that change next year?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.