Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
UGH. Not sure if the timing is perfect or lousy. I had the battery in my iPhone 6 plus replaced in July 2015, and again Aug 2016, when I decided I wasn't going with the 7 I just said to myself. 'I hope it would last until at least the end of Sept 2017' I think I jinxed myself.

I went to reply to a text out night and immediately noticed the early sign of the infamous battery bulge with this particular phone...I've grown to know this stupid early sign. Those two slight bright dots on the LCD, few odd faint lines below that. I took it out of my silicone case and yeah..I can see the slight screen bump once again. Not as bad as before - - as of right now. Seems out of nowhere, I didn't notice this yesterday morning.

The battery life seems to be ok, no significant drainage that I can tell, doesn't feel "hot" - But I don't like to mess with any compromised lithium batteries. Once a battery bulge, I almost feel like it's a timebomb in your pocket. Eh. this is silly. I didn't want to shell out more money on this phone. So either I have yet a new battery installed at a store for about 65, 70 bucks..or go cheap and get a battery off Amazon, Ebay and do this myself for $15-$20. I have the tools and looking at YouTube videos, step by steps I feel pretty confident I can do this myself. Frustrating though.

I do plan to upgrade this time..so this phone will most likely get traded in. With - a lot of - luck on the preorder, new iPhone 8 will arrive in 3 weeks..maybe a month, then I trade my 6Plus in.

Stupid 1st World Problems.:confused:

lXj8Ryu.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.