Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
If you go by specs, the iPhone 6 is a total rip off.

and instead of killing the 16GB and start you at 32GB for the same price, they kill the 32GB and keep the 16GB.

It is amazing they can get away with this and you guys keep buying this.

Mr Bigs

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
Bklyn N.Y
Certainly would be nice to have that extra RAM added but functionally, I don't think I would really notice a big difference. I certainly do have problems occasionally with my 4S and Safari but with my iPad Air, I've never had a Safari crash due to lack of memory. I have Safari running all the time and continually have 10-20 tabs open with no problem. I'm sure some users overtax the onboard memory but I know many of us do fine with 1GB. I do agree that it seems like Apple wants to use the "S" as an opportunity to add more memory but I'm sure most of us will do fine with 1GB.

You are one of a very few,I had my iPad Air least than a day and had Safari refreshes and a few closures.

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
If you go by specs, the iPhone 6 is a total rip off.

and instead of killing the 16GB and start you at 32GB for the same price, they kill the 32GB and keep the 16GB.

It is amazing they can get away with this and you guys keep buying this.

Yup and then this time next yr they will intro 2gb of ram and wireless charge.......and people will say its freaking amazing..........

*****inb4 someone say wireless charge is useles***** Dont knock it till you try it...

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Certainly would be nice to have that extra RAM added but functionally, I don't think I would really notice a big difference. I certainly do have problems occasionally with my 4S and Safari but with my iPad Air, I've never had a Safari crash due to lack of memory. I have Safari running all the time and continually have 10-20 tabs open with no problem. I'm sure some users overtax the onboard memory but I know many of us do fine with 1GB. I do agree that it seems like Apple wants to use the "S" as an opportunity to add more memory but I'm sure most of us will do fine with 1GB.

You can't have 10 tabs open on the iPad Air and not have reloading.

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
I have 10 blank tabs open and not a single one reloads

Hahahaha! :D
Beat me to it.

----------

1GB is barely enough for TODAY.

Most iPhone 6 users will be stuck with 1GB for FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS unless they upgrade every year.

Imagine in a year 1GB will be woefully inadequate.

I'm guessing the 6S will have 2GB as a "feature improvement". Joke's on the early adopters.

:apple: = weasels.

Maybe. I don't see how much longer Apple can continue with the 2 year product cycles. Going by previous cycles, the 6S will include 1GB and an updated camera. I doubt we'll see wireless charging unless the phone is magically thicker.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Hahahaha! :D
Beat me to it.

----------

Maybe. I don't see how much longer Apple can continue with the 2 year product cycles. Going by previous cycles, the 6S will include 1GB and an updated camera. I doubt we'll see wireless charging unless the phone is magically thicker.

By the end of the 6 life cycle, they'll have been at 1gb for 3 years (5, 5s, 6) 6s should at least double that. Especially if they intend on giving ios split screen multitasking in the near future.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Ummm... either you have 2 very crippled Android devices (maybe Chinese fakes) or you are lying.

I made a video for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7brKqKCrvY4&index=1&list=UUeh4nHtj_u5Bwj8WotKtePA

No tab reloads, no app reloads (except email which I purposely set up to reload every time)... and the RAM status says it all. I suspect you have NO idea how Android manages RAM. You should check google on that matter.

No I dont have actually chinese devices lmao, I am telling the truth, I even have the Chrome RAM option increased higher on my tablet, thanks for showing me how Quickpic on your device had to reload, I am not the only one that has had that happen to me too. Is that a Galaxy S5? is that a device with a 800/801? it most likely is better on the newer 801/800 chipsets but it happens very so on my Snapdragon 600 SoC in my N7 2013, nobody is lying here, you seem to have a tweaked phone aswell, the Quickpic app actually reloaded for you and you only have about 10 apps open not even, I know very well how Android handles apps actually, and I can tell you that KitKat is still the least optimized out of all 3 OS's (see Windows HTC M8 with dramatically better battery life over the Android version of the M8)

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
"limited" is not a word in my vocabulary...

Anyone would think that's a bad thing...

The media definitely wants you to believe that.

there is nothing you can't do on a iPhone 5s that you can do on a iPhone 6 plus, because of this "limitation", apps won't run any faster...

Blue Fox

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
EXACTLY!!!!

It's not all about "specs" it's all about profit. When Apple reduces cable quality to save 1/2 of 1¢ per phone, why would Apple lose $5 potential profit per phone by doubling RAM?

Furthermore, as a previous poster said, when iOS 9,10, and 11 come out, that extra GB would be useful. Instead, people with the iPhone 6 will see how slow it is and want to upgrade.

So putting 2GB RAM in the iPhone 6 would not only cost Apple profit today, but also cost Apple phone sales next year. This Apple is not the Apple who used to "Think Different"

As for me, my 3GS does all the work I need it to do when not at my iMac.

So why don't they just say screw profit, throw in 4GB RAM, 256GB Flash storage, and oh hell, why not just throw in the A12 processor NOW then???? How dare a company create a device for PROFIT!

Seriously, you spec nazis need to lighten up a bit.

OrangeInc

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2013
I think when talking about computer technology, specs are quintessential. On the other hand, the everyday user doesn't care too much about specs they just care that what they buy works as intended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.