Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
Noticed it when unlocking only. Seems it recognizes touch to unlock but the screen is unresponsive. Starts to work eventually, but it happens at least once a day and sometimes sticks around for minutes.
Anyone else seeing it or having an idea what's fixing it?

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Wow, I had no idea I get 3 months added after an exchange. Thanks! I'll call and make an appointment. Wonder if they can test the chip issue over the phone diagnostics.

When you get anything replaced at Apple you get the rest of your original warranty or 3 months, whichever is greater.

Reactions: kalirob99

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
Just to chip in that my iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 9.3.3 JB is fine. :)

Hope you get sorted.
Thanks. Sounds like it's only newer ones cause they cheaped out or something. :(

When you get anything replaced at Apple you get the rest of your original warranty or 3 months, whichever is greater.
Thank god. Getting an appointment at an Applestore is a week lately.

Reactions: StarkCity

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
Well contacted their support on the touch issue and had to get "condescending" for the tech to actually put down I needed a replacement and make an appointment 45 min away in a week. :mad: Sounds like its common from the tech but their told to try and talk people out of replacements or something???? Kinda reminds me of the iPhone 4 bumper debacle. Bets on how long before they cave? lol

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
Weird but it's gotten more frequent today and seems to happen mid app too. Going from annoying to really irritating today. Hoping I don't yell if they don't replace this when I go in. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.