Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
a quick search indicates probably not that disasterous that you can do a cold boot etc to get them back up and running --

question is: might this be a precurser of likley future failure and if so, which model of USED off of swappa etc, would be a good choice for me...the larger screen in key for me....64K has worked well.thank you all--frankly I dont know what I would have done with out folks for the last years ...buy yourselves a beer and put it on my ex wife's tab--

by the way I stuck it in the freezer for ten minutes and when I took it out works perfect screen brigthness had dimmed....?????!!! -------hackers.? russians? martians? politicians?--

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Your problem description is a bit vague. The phone is unresponsive, just a black screen? You press the buttons with the black screen and nothing happens?

You put it in the freezer (why?) and it works? If so, what is the issue?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Not sure why the freezer. But it is a sure sign of possible future problems. I would certainly back it up every day.

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Your problem description is a bit vague. The phone is unresponsive, just a black screen? You press the buttons with the black screen and nothing happens?

You put it in the freezer (why?) and it works? If so, what is the issue?
what seems vague about that ...seems clear to me unresponsive phone black screen won't power on....best I can do my friend...sorry. thank you though, for your effort-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.