Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

relaoded2408

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Hey there,

I have updated my iPhone to iOS 9 and recognized that all the iOS 8 stock wallpapers are gone. I would love to have the wallpapers back without downgrading and jailbreaking the phone to access the wallpaper library. It would be absolutely awesome if anybody have the original stock iOS 8 wallpapers extracted from an IPhone 6. I know there are a lot versions out there but it would be great to have the real original ones.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

Best Regards

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
No prob! I still can't figure out why Apple removed some of these. The default iPhone 6 wallpaper was one of my favorites!

Yeah me too. From what I've read on here, Apple removed the wave wallpaper from the final release of iOS 9 too, even though it was present in all the beta's. I managed to get the wave wallpaper from tigger or fire dept. If you don't already have it and you would like it, I can put it on here for you ?

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Yeah me too. From what I've read on here, Apple removed the wave wallpaper from the final release of iOS 9 too, even though it was present in all the beta's. I managed to get the wave wallpaper from tigger or fire dept. If you don't already have it and you would like it, I can put it on here for you ?

Thanks but I was never that wild about the original iOS 9 wallpaper. The colors were so intense that it made it difficult to see the icons on the home screen. It did look very nice with the iOS blur effect though!

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Could you or someone else upload the iPhone 6 Plus version of the mountain starry night wallpaper? I tried following this URL but the file isn't there anymore. Thanks.

Here you go. Non-Parallax and Parallax.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 20,743
  • 2.png
    2.png
    4 MB · Views: 12,560
Reactions: co.ag.2005

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Thanks. I put them on my phone by just downloading then directly to photos and also emailing them to myself. I can't get my phone to look like this when it's in landscape though:

http://m.imgur.com/4a89MWv

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

That is the way I built them. I will build you a larger one when I get home this evening. Usually do not build for landscape view as Apple has done something unusual with the Plus that prevents me from building properly for landscape. But we will give it a try and see. I can not guarantee it will work and want you to be aware of it ahead of time.

varsityhero

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
That is the way I built them. I will build you a larger one when I get home this evening. Usually do not build for landscape view as Apple has done something unusual with the Plus that prevents me from building properly for landscape. But we will give it a try and see. I can not guarantee it will work and want you to be aware of it ahead of time.

Thank you so much for your help! I truly appreciate it and hopefully it'll work out!

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX

There's a bug with the 6+ series and all iPads since iOS 7 that causes any wallpaper made from your photo collection to not scale properly when the home screen is switched to landscape. The stock wallpapers all work fine. But, even if your photo is the exact same dimensions as the stock wallpaper, it STILL won't scale right if you set it as wallpaper. I've about given up on Apple ever fixing this bug. Quality control in their software seems to be a much lower priority in the post-iOS 6 era.

varsityhero

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
There's a bug with the 6+ series and all iPads since iOS 7 that causes any wallpaper made from your photo collection to not scale properly when the home screen is switched to landscape. The stock wallpapers all work fine. But, even if your photo is the exact same dimensions as the stock wallpaper, it STILL won't scale right if you set it as wallpaper. I've about given up on Apple ever fixing this bug. Quality control in their software seems to be a much lower priority in the post-iOS 6 era.

Yikes, it saddens me to hear it's a bug :(

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Yikes, it saddens me to hear it's a bug :(

Bug has been there since day one. Apple seems to have ignored this problem. Here is a 2592 x 2592 image. It may not work as the rotation will be the problem. But you can at least give it a try.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 2,919

varsityhero

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
Bug has been there since day one. Apple seems to have ignored this problem. Here is a 2592 x 2592 image. It may not work as the rotation will be the problem. But you can at least give it a try.

It didn't work, but thanks for trying!!!

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Here you go. Non-Parallax and Parallax.
Hey sir! I know this is an old thread, but this is my favorite iOS wallpaper of all time and I know you've helped me out before.

I just purchased an iPhone 8. Every version I find online is either (1) low res for iPhone 5/5S or (2) low quality. The stars are just murky, etc. The one Apple used in iOS 8 just seemed more vibrate. Do you happen to to have the version for the iPhone 6?

EDIT: I saw your link to another thread. You sir, are amazing. You have no idea how long I looked for a good quality version of this.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.