Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hlavkus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2016
I bought an used iPhone 6, so no warranty here. It's been working fine for a week but now a weird thing happened. I had my battery at zero and I borrowed my friends charger to charge it. I charged it a bit but it unfortunately fell on the ground during that. It was in a case and it has a protective glass on it so nothing seemed to had happened and it was working fine. Before I got home, the battery went back to zero so I put it my MacBook's usb port and it surprisingly managed to get charged to 12% really fast but then it stopped and it does not want to charge any more, I dont have any other cable but i tried to plug it into a socket with two different adapters with no success. Also note that the weather is really coled now in my place. And after it stopped chargind I tried to plug it in again after a few tries and my MacBook suddenly turned off. Also I updated the iPhone to the newst ios this morning. Now the phone turned off because the battery got out of energy. I tried to turn it on, most times it showed the usual red battery and a cable picture, but twice it showed the apple logo, then the black screen and then it turned off. Can you help me with that, I will try another cable in the morning but what if it will not help?

wezzel98765

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2017
New battery required for this one I'm afraid.

Based on the fact that it can take charge then turns off after showing the Apple logo means that it will need a new battery.

lebronhuo

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2017
Did U try another cable,did it work?
If not, there may be 2 reasons for your ihone6 situation.
1.because it fell on the ground, the components around the battery went rong and U need to go to an Apple store to repaire it;
2.The battery is too old to operate, so you need to change a battery;
3.Because some reasons, your cable can not match your adaper, use a new cable anf a new adaper.

hlavkus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2016
Thank you for all the advices, other cable worked, it seems to be okay now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.