Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

absolutecoordinates

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2017
I don't know what has happened really, when I woke up it was just powered down and then when I was opening it, it just got stuck on the Apple logo and i've been trying to restart it by letting battery die and plug it into the charger to see if it would help, but no, nothing, it just doesn't start-up and gets stuck on the Apple logo. How should I fix this?

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2015
Plug it into a computer with iTunes and put it into recovery mode. You do that by holding down the power and home button, waiting for it to turn off, then let go of the power button but keep holding down the home button. If you do it correctly, you will see a red iTunes logo. You can then try to update the device to get it working, but you may have to restore it.

I've seen this happen when the phone runs out of storage space or when the iOS software is too out of date.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Rather than recovery mode, have you tried using DFU mode?
Realistically, from what I recall, those two are essentially the same with the main/only difference is that with DFU you provide the installer while with recovery mode it automatically downloads the latest installer.

wezzel98765

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2017
Realistically, from what I recall, those two are essentially the same with the main/only difference is that with DFU you provide the installer while with recovery mode it automatically downloads the latest installer.
We have restored devices in DFU that won't restore in recovery. DFU also downloads the installer too

SurajP

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2016
I'm having the same problem, but after restart my iPhone, It's solved!

As an iPhone 7 user, I just press and hold the volume down button with still holding the On/Off button. Keep holding both buttons for 10 seconds and its restart your device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.