Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlSw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2017
Hello, I currently have an IPhone 6 16gb on it's last breath of life. I am wondering whether or not the Iphone 7 plus 128gb or 8 plus 64gb is the better purchase. Both are similar in price but I am wondering if the features of the 8plus outweight the twice as large storage of the 7plus. I've used the 6+ for a while so I am familiar with the size and i'm comfortable with it. Please let me know your advice on what the better choice is.

Thank you

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hello, I currently have an IPhone 6 16gb on it's last breath of life. I am wondering whether or not the Iphone 7 plus 128gb or 8 plus 64gb is the better purchase. Both are similar in price but I am wondering if the features of the 8plus overweight the twice as large storage of the 7plus. I've used the 6+ for a while so I am familiar with the size and i'm comfortable with it. Please let me know your advice on what the better choice is.

Thank you

Being that you survived with 16 GB of storage for the last four years, I think 128 GB of storage on the iPhone 7 would be more than you would require. I personally would opt for the iPhone 8 64 GB. The iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 are fairly similar, but the iPhone 8 does have an upgraded processor, wireless charging capabilities, True-Tone, etc.

Also, being that you don't upgrade very often as it seems, the iPhone 8 will give you the latest specifications and provide you the longest iPhone experience in terms of iOS updates.

macmahon70

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2008
Brussels
I have the same dilemna...but it all depends on your budget. I think that your Iphone 6 could be replaced by an Iphone 6 or 6S with higher capacity. My 6 is of course not as fast and powerful as an Iphone 8 but it does the job. You should be fine until 2019 and even until then Apple will release new Iphone models, such as Iphone XS...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.