Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGamerZZZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Hey guys! Should i buy an iPhone 6s instead of an iPhone 6? I want to play games like real racing 3, minecraft infinity blade..... They seem very similar!

iGamerZZZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
The 6S will perform better.
Do you think this is a worthy investment? I took a look at some of the games. For instance, Real Racing 3 or CSRacing seem to have powerful graphics! With these graphics, I know I have to make a decision: instead of buying a new iPhone, I really have to get an iPad Air 2. An iPad is the best choice to play racing games like these.

neile45

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2011
I was all ready to get a 6s, but then I found a 6 on Best Buy for $330 (64gb), so I just got a 6. It's fast enough for what I do.

Reactions: rgarjr

iGamerZZZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
I was all ready to get a 6s, but then I found a 6 on Best Buy for $330 (64gb), so I just got a 6. It's fast enough for what I do.
i'm thinking the same and if i'll make an insurance on 6, then i'll break it after one year and BAM, iPhone 7 for 100$ :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple: xD

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
I moved from a 6 (64GB) to 6s Plus (128GB). To be honest, I could've lasted another year on the 6 until the 7 came out. However, 2GB of RAM and 3D Touch comes in handy in one handed operations. Safari refreshes pages less. I use the home button less and editing text and consuming is much faster.

I think 3D Touch made the "Plus" more usable on one handed operations.

Reactions: iGamerZZZ

iGamerZZZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
I moved from a 6 (64GB) to 6s Plus (128GB). To be honest, I could've lasted another year on the 6 until the 7 came out. However, 2GB of RAM and 3D Touch comes in handy in one handed operations. Safari refreshes pages less. I use the home button less and editing text and consuming is much faster.

I think 3D Touch made the "Plus" more usable on one handed operations.
I completely agree with you!

iGamerZZZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
I made the same mistake with my iPad.. I bought an iPad Air 2 instead of waiting 4/5 months for Air 3

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
From a pure gaming perspective I don't think you'll see much difference because there aren't any apps/games in the App Store that currently even push the 6 to its limits. Developers have to code their games to run on multiple devices so once and awhile you'll see maybe a little more detail in the textures on the never devices or maybe a little smoother framerate but all current top of the line games run great on the regular 6. Maybe in a year or two more games will be made tailored for devices that have 2gb of ram but that will also alienate the older devices. So I'd say from a gaming view you're fine with a regular 6 for another year or two before you see something that actually even pushes the regular 6 to its limits.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Do you think this is a worthy investment? I took a look at some of the games. For instance, Real Racing 3 or CSRacing seem to have powerful graphics! With these graphics, I know I have to make a decision: instead of buying a new iPhone, I really have to get an iPad Air 2. An iPad is the best choice to play racing games like these.

I play Real Racing on both 6S+ and my iPad Pro. Used to play it on my iPad Air 2 and the graphics are awesome.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I made the same mistake with my iPad.. I bought an iPad Air 2 instead of waiting 4/5 months for Air 3
For what it's worth the Air 2 is very powerful and the Air 3 isn't even out yet. The waiting mentality can always be applied to the next gen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.