Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WillyN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2016
So last year (February 11th) I bought myself a iPhone 6s (16gb). I really loved the device, but since July or August I'm having some problems...

First of all, I was having the '30% shutdown bug'. Unfortunately, my phone was produced on November 9th. I decided to bring it to a store in my hometown, after I checked my battery health (results were terrifying: after half a year of use my battery was degraded to 80% of maximum capacity). The repair team (in the Czech Republic) however did nothing to the problem, and said it solved itself...

2 weeks later I checked my battery health again (mid December), the maximum capacity was only 75%. My battery drained faster and faster. I sent it again to Apple support, and yeah, again they did nothing. So I lost my phone 3 weeks, was forced to use an iPhone 4s, all for nothing. Yey, Apple.

How is this possible? I payed 720€ for a phone, hoping to use it 2-3 years without any problems. Feels like I'm using a budget phone from 2012. What do you guys suggest?

Also, merry Christmas ;)

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
So last year (February 11th) I bought myself a iPhone 6s (16gb). I really loved the device, but since July or August I'm having some problems...

First of all, I was having the '30% shutdown bug'. Unfortunately, my phone was produced on November 9th. I decided to bring it to a store in my hometown, after I checked my battery health (results were terrifying: after half a year of use my battery was degraded to 80% of maximum capacity). The repair team (in the Czech Republic) however did nothing to the problem, and said it solved itself...

2 weeks later I checked my battery health again (mid December), the maximum capacity was only 75%. My battery drained faster and faster. I sent it again to Apple support, and yeah, again they did nothing. So I lost my phone 3 weeks, was forced to use an iPhone 4s, all for nothing. Yey, Apple.

How is this possible? I payed 720€ for a phone, hoping to use it 2-3 years without any problems. Feels like I'm using a budget phone from 2012. What do you guys suggest?

Also, merry Christmas ;)

Batteries are designed to last 500 cycles. If youre a heavy user, it won't last more than 18 months before it is consumed. Apple will replace the battery for a fee. In the US it's $79. You battery has been consumed so the only thing you can do replace the battery or live with a battery that dies quickly.

WillyN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2016
Batteries are designed to last 500 cycles. If youre a heavy user, it won't last more than 18 months before it is consumed. Apple will replace the battery for a fee. In the US it's $79. You battery has been consumed so the only thing you can do replace the battery or live with a battery that dies quickly.
Yeah but the funny part is that I've only had about 270 cycles...

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I've got at least one year of waranty, no?
There is a very fine line of what is covered under AppleCare va AppleCare+ when it comes to batteries. As you mentioned. Apple has not replaced your battery and hasn't said they will.

WillyN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2016
There is a very fine line of what is covered under AppleCare va AppleCare+ when it comes to batteries. As you mentioned. Apple has not replaced your battery and hasn't said they will.
That's a shame...
Thank you for the help and the quick reply!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.