Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xDouble8x

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2018
Shortly after the 11.4 update my screen went blank. I could still touch buttons, dial numbers and stop my alarm with no visual. After some troubleshooting and trying to hard reset with it no luck, I thought it was my screen/digitizer so I replaced it, but I am still having the same problem. This can't be water damage as I've never spilled water on it and only dropped it one time with the case on it sometime last year. Any ideas on what this could be?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Shortly after the 11.4 update my screen went blank. I could still touch buttons, dial numbers and stop my alarm with no visual. After some troubleshooting and trying to hard reset with it no luck, I thought it was my screen/digitizer so I replaced it, but I am still having the same problem. This can't be water damage as I've never spilled water on it and only dropped it one time with the case on it sometime last year. Any ideas on what this could be?

Since it sounds like you have been inside this iPhone the problems could be many.

xDouble8x

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2018
It was my first time opening this phone. Very easy replacement compared to older iphones. Im starting to just realize that its probably the logic board and I may sell the phone as broken for parts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.