Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lizzyrae78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
I am having a problem anytime I go to take a picture on my phone and the display is black. Generally the only way I can get the shutter to open is to swipe left or right to video or square mode and sometimes the screen will been show a live view. This is is on the front or rear camera it doesn't seem to matter. I have spent hours on the phone with Apple. I have reset my phone to factory settings. They even gave me a new phone but it is still happening it must be a software issue does anyone have any tips on how to solve this issue? It is absolutely frustrating.

Mosaab Inc

Suspended
Jan 11, 2017
Tunisia
First thing you should check for check IOS software updates and if available , install them , To Do it
> Settings > General > Software Update > , if there is no update , restart your camera app by double pressing home buttom and then swipe up on the camera app
2.Second thing you should do is to restart your device just press and hold the sleep/wake buttom for a few seconds then slide the red slider then press and hold the Sleep/Wake buttom until you see the Apple Logo
3.If restarting does not solve your problem reset all your resettings Simply go to > Settings >General > Reset > Reset All Settings Note : you will not lose any data

if your problem still persists you may want to reset your device to do . press and hold Sleep/Wake buttom and the home Buttom together until you see the Apple Logo

if above solutions do not fix your problem it is likely that you have a hardware problem Contact Apple Support Team

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.