Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

senrab

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Maryland
iPhone 6s, iOS 11.3.1

About a month ago, this weird problem started with my phone. Whenever I use iTunes with headphones plugged in, songs skip and get distorted. This problem does *not* happen when I use any other apps with the headphones - Spotify, YouTube, Netflix, etc. It also doesn’t happen when I listen to songs on iTunes without the headphones plugged into the phone. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. And yes, I have Bluetooth over ear headphones but sometimes I just don’t feel like using them. This thing is solely iTunes + headphone jack. I am stumped.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I have a guess.

Maybe there is a short in the wire/button.

There are a bunch of commands that can be done with the button on the headphones, like FW, RW, skip song, ignore calls, even take a photo.

Maybe these commands are not available on other apps, that's why you only see the issues happen on iTunes.

The easiest thing to try is to use another pair and see if the problem is still there.

Reactions: senrab

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Good old Forbes with their "<something> has a nasty surprise" for every version. It's like the boy who cried wolf.
Yes, they definitely overuse that click-baity title. Nonetheless the audio issues/skipping appears to be fairly widespread since the release of iOS 11.3 and was not rectified with iOS 11.3.1.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes, they definitely overuse that click-baity title. Nonetheless the audio issues/skipping appears to be fairly widespread since the release of iOS 11.3 and was not rectified with iOS 11.3.1.
Well, that's part of it, while I'm sure there are people dealing with this issue, just as there are various other issues that some are dealing with, it's a bit hard to say that it's really widespread. Even here at MR where some of the smallest oddities can have long discussion threads, it doesn't seem like this one has that much going for it to make it come off as all that widespread/troublesome. That's not to downplay the issue itself as far as it being real or troublesome for those who are experiencing it.

senrab

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Maryland
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.