Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meggydeleon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
Hi! Good day!

I just like to ask regarding the 2nd hand iphone 6s that I bought in Japan. I just found out that the battery is eligible for replacement however the warranty of the iphone was already expired. May I know if the battery of my phone can still be changed for free at any Power Mac Store as I originally live in the Philippines. If not, how much will it cost me? Thank you!

TinyChip

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
California
The original warranty period of the phone has nothing to do with the Apple battery replacement program. Only the serial number of the phone determines if it covered by the replacement program.

You can bring your iPhone 6s to any Apple authorized service provider. You should call Power Mac Center to find out if they are authorized to perform the replacement free of charge.

In the US, the cost is about $79 to replace battery for iPhone 6s that is either out-of-warranty or doesn’t qualify for the replacement program.

The Apple battery replacement program for iPhone 6s ends in September 2018.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
What is a power Mac store?

If the serial number is eligible for replacement then you should be fine regardless of warranty status.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.