Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paragsood12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2020
Has anybody been having Cellular connection issues on their iPhone 6s after updating to iOS 15? I have been having major issues with my 4G connection in India. I use a local Carrier by the name of Airtel. My dad and my mother both have the same carrier but they have iPhone 7 plus and and iPhone XS and they are not facing any issues. My phone loses it's 4G connection all of a sudden after disconnecting from wi-fi and suddenly goes into no service. after recovering from that, it goes into EDGE mode and suddenly GPRS. I had recently gotten my Lighting connector changed and had the Antenna lines checked which showed no issues. Any Solutions for this? Is anyone else facing the same issue on their 6s?

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Try manually checking for an update to your Carrier Settings. If that doesn't work try to Reset your Network settings. Then try to update your Carrier Settings again.

Reactions: paragsood12

paragsood12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2020
Try manually checking for an update to your Carrier Settings. If that doesn't work try to Reset your Network settings. Then try to update your Carrier Settings again.

I have already tried all this, trust me. even tried reseting the phone. it's upsetting me now and really irritating .I am starting to think it's software related.

Hombre53

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2018
I have already tried all this, trust me. even tried reseting the phone. it's upsetting me now and really irritating .I am starting to think it's software related.
I think you can still revert back to iOS14 by downloading the last signed IPSW file and restoring your iPhone 6s.

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Did you try a true clean install of iOS 15? If not, I would do that. Then reinsert your SIM card. See if a fresh install plus SIM insert fixes the issue.

paragsood12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2020
Did you try a true clean install of iOS 15? If not, I would do that. Then reinsert your SIM card. See if a fresh install plus SIM insert fixes the issue.
How do i do that? please help me out buddy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.