Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBoucher

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
New Hampshire Seacoast
Anyone else see this occur? My iPhone 6s works fine, but then trying to turn it on again with the home button or side button dies nothing and it turns into a brick unless I force reset iPhone. Help.

cbautis2

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2013
My 6S didn't do that behavior. It's smooth as butter when pushing the home button

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Anyone else see this occur? My iPhone 6s works fine, but then trying to turn it on again with the home button or side button dies nothing and it turns into a brick unless I force reset iPhone. Help.
Doesn't sound like it's some sort of a "home button delay" as much as it is some sort of a general phone freezing/getting stuck type of issue.

Natya Sadella

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2016
Yeah my 6s freezes about 20 times a day. Its absolute random.

I made a dfu restore today, hopefully that solves this.

djarsky

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014

Yes, I have an iPhone 7 and am experiencing the same random wake problems. They happen multiple times a day and the only pattern I've noticed is that it often occurs if I try to wake the phone immediately after locking it.

Generally, if I wait about 10 seconds, I'm able to press the home button and the display wakes up. However, if I keep pressing the home button before I wait 10 seconds, it never turns on.

I'm glad to hear others are experiencing it too!

-David

mikerisner

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Very similar behavior here, too. Several "resetting" events each day.

Perhaps 1 in 20 times, my iPhone 6s Plus won't respond to any wake up inputs (raise-to-wake, home button press, power/sleep/wake button). It takes about 20 seconds to be responsive again.

Also, every now and then, I notice the phone will display the lockscreen.

Also, when I have a podcast or music in the background or when it's hooked up to my CarPlay stereo, the phone halts all activity and resets.

Awaiting iOS 11.0.1 ... C'mon, Apple. While I expect you to act as if it's not happening, I do expect a fix sooner rather than later. In fact, I've left the beta profile active just so I can get the potential fix quicker.

ancpratt

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
Yes, I have an iPhone 7 and am experiencing the same random wake problems. They happen multiple times a day and the only pattern I've noticed is that it often occurs if I try to wake the phone immediately after locking it.

Generally, if I wait about 10 seconds, I'm able to press the home button and the display wakes up. However, if I keep pressing the home button before I wait 10 seconds, it never turns on.

I'm glad to hear others are experiencing it too!

-David

My 7+ does the exact same thing David and the Raise to Wake feature doesn't work either during those freeze times. My phone will finally wake up about 30 seconds later.

CrzyP

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
My 6s is doing this too. I installed the beta profile to report the issue in the feedback app but I haven’t updated to 11.1. I’m still on 11.0.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.