Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsound1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2007
SF Bay Area
So I use this iPhone 6S as my work phone on WiFi only, just for slack and email and stuff like that because you have to install stuff that locks the device down and I don't want that on my personal phone.

I work from home mostly, so this is just to stay connected when away from my desk. At the beginning of the pandemic it wasn't a big deal because I'd just be going out for quick trips to the market or Starbucks or whatever. But now I'm spending more time eating lunch out or driving to further places, the battery quickly drains. I'd say to 50% before noon.

So I filled out all the forms online and had Apple send me a box.

My question is: how long is it realistically taking these days for battery replacements? I'm trying to be without the phone for as short a time as possible and wondering which day of the week would get it back to me in the best timeline. Like if I mail it Friday, would it ship back on Monday and I'd have it Tuesday...

Any insight would be great!

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
So I use this iPhone 6S as my work phone on WiFi only, just for slack and email and stuff like that because you have to install stuff that locks the device down and I don't want that on my personal phone.

I work from home mostly, so this is just to stay connected when away from my desk. At the beginning of the pandemic it wasn't a big deal because I'd just be going out for quick trips to the market or Starbucks or whatever. But now I'm spending more time eating lunch out or driving to further places, the battery quickly drains. I'd say to 50% before noon.

My question is: how long is it realistically taking these days for battery replacements? I'm trying to be without the phone for as short a time as possible and wondering which day of the week would get it back to me in the best timeline. Like if I mail it Friday, would it ship back on Monday and I'd have it Tuesday...

It honestly just depends on where the device is going and how busy that facility is.

I've sent in a MacBook for a keyboard replacement, and it was back in the mail to me the same day they received the device. I've also sent a different MacBook in for a keyboard replacement and it sat for three days before they started the repair. The shipping label to send it in will be ground, but they next-day it on the return. So that will also factor in on the turn around time (how far you are from the facility).

I know that's not a super helpful answer, but hopefully it gives you some insight.

Reactions: macsound1

MrAperture

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2017
SF, CA

Are you near any Apple Store? Couldn’t you try to have them replace the battery?

asus389

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2019
USA
My Apple store does most batteries in house. UBreakIFix also uses real Apple parts in most cases. Be sure to check first though.

Reactions: macsound1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.