Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rfrost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2022
I transferred two movie files from my iPhone 6S to computer. Now I cannot open them. I have tried various converting programs with no luck. I tried changing to mp4 an mov extensions but again no luck. Is there a way I can put them back on my iPhone, I don't remember what the file extension was when I moved them. ( I believe it was .mov but I could be wrong )

Camera settings are 4K at 30 fps

Appreciate any help with this video problem

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
You can try VLC on your computer to see wether the videos play (just to exclude that somehing went wrong during the transfer). What OS uses the computer? How did you transfer the videos?

rfrost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2022
I have tried VLC but no luck. I just cut and pasted file to windows 10. Have tried using iTunes also but no luck. I would be happy just to be able to put them back if I knew the correct format and how to do it.

rfrost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2022
Thanks for info. Tried that and it did not work. Possibly because I am unsure of proper file format. When it wouldn't open I changed format to mp4 and mov but with no luck

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
your iPhone 6 will capture video in H264 MOV. On newer Phones there is a setting to shoot videos or stills in a „most compatible“ or „high efficiency“ mode/format (Settings->Camera->Settings) - you should install the HEIC/HEVC extension from Microsoft on your Windows 10 machine:

Open Microsoft Store and look for HEVC Video Extensions that came from Microsoft

HEVC Video Extensions
https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NMZL...

HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc-video-ex...

Reactions: now i see it
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.