Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FyerFyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
Hi there.

I have changed the battery on my 6s but still getting the exact same boot up error, any ideas what this could be?

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
I have changed the battery on my 6s but still getting the exact same boot up error, any ideas what this could be?
I didn't see any error. Is the "error" that the iPhone immediately shuts down? Are you sure the iPhone is actually "shutting down"? Or is it booted but the display is off?

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
Is it stuck in a boot loop? If that's what's happening - it restarts each time instead of completing the boot- then you can search and try the half dozen things suggested. I don't hold out a lot of hope however especially if it was doing this before which is why you changed the battery.
In my experience it was linked to the charging port. There are a number of checks the phone goes through on start up and if one of them fails it reboots. It's useful to time it as you'll probably find it reboots at the same time exactly and that will give you a clue to search for- but you probably won't find out.
One thing to definitely try is take the SIM card out.
It's a new battery so most of the advice about hard reboot etc won't apply.
You also have a phone which won't upgrade to the latest OS and which is worth about $20. Not using the latest OS is a big problem when things go wrong and it might just not be able to restore everything you need. You can easily buy a newer, second hand phone for less than the cost of repairing that and if it's extremely likely it's a hardware problem.

I say that as someone with a 6S+ and an XSmax but I won't repair either of them when next they play up.

FyerFyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
I didn't see any error. Is the "error" that the iPhone immediately shuts down? Are you sure the iPhone is actually "shutting down"? Or is it booted but the display is off?
It just keeps rebooting. If you look carefully, there is a line across the middle before it all goes black. The Apple logo reappear and the cycle begins again.

vince22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2013
It just keeps rebooting. If you look carefully, there is a line across the middle before it all goes black. The Apple logo reappear and the cycle begins again.
i had boot loop years back, i was able to fix it by using iReboot, good luck.

FyerFyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
Hi all, thanks for your advice. So
I reset the phone via Music, and luckily majority had been backed up to the cloud!

I gotta get my mother a new phone, so just about to ask about that.

Thanks all.

Makayla

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2016
Did Apple change the battery?

Happened to my old iPad Pro 9.7 after I changed the battery myself. It was my first time charging an iPad battery so I thought I might have damaged the port or the circuit. Eventually I was able to save it by connecting to my PC and then rebooting.

I have kept the iPad battery above 50% all the time now because I just don’t trust it could reboot again if it ever runs out on juice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.