Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dan50

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
i was just testing out to see if it works and I pressed sleep/power button on the side and pressed on home button at the same time but nothing's happening. It lets me take screen shot and let's me power off but not hard reset. What should I do?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That's what I did. It just shuts down on black screen instead of hard reset
[doublepost=1458526570][/doublepost]Someone please help me.
Press both the lock and the home buttons at the same time and continue holding them both down after pressing them for roughly 10 or so seconds until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Dan50

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
Press both the lock and the home buttons at the same time and continue holding them both down after pressing them for roughly 10 or so seconds until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
That's what I exactly did. I pressed on home button and sleep/power button but it just shuts down automatically. No logo appears.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That's what I exactly did. I pressed on home button and sleep/power button but it just shuts down automatically. No logo appears.
Sounds like you pressed on the sleep/lock button a bit before the home button and/or didn't keep them pressed down together for at least about 10-15 seconds.

Dan50

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
Sounds like you pressed on the sleep/lock button a bit before the home button and/or didn't keep them pressed down together for at least about 10-15 seconds.
I pressed both buttons at the same time but it just automatically shuts down my phone without the sliding thing.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I pressed both buttons at the same time but it just automatically shuts down my phone without the sliding thing.
That's exactly what it's meant to be. Keep press a little longer and the iPhone will restart (release them once you see the Apple logo).

I think you are a little bit confused about what this "hard reset" does on the iPhone ...
It's just a forced restart.

Dan50

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
That's exactly what it's meant to be. Keep press a little longer and the iPhone will restart (release them once you see the Apple logo).

I think you are a little bit confused about what this "hard reset" does on the iPhone ...
It's just a forced restart.
I got it now thank you!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.