Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sameer0924

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
USA
My AT&T LTE speeds are very low and I am not sure why. I switched from android and I'm using the new sim that came along with the iPhone.
Previously, my oneplus one used to give me good LTE speeds. Could anyone please help me identify what the issue could be? Thank you!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 278

Vengeful

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2011
I'm currently having the same issue, network reset only helped initially until I lost service, my phone doesn't connect half the time now as well. my gf who also got the new phone and is with att has no issues with cell service, I had both phones side by side and mine lost signal. Everything is working fine on her phone, I'm going to try to get the sim replaced or genius bar and see if they can figure it out.

sameer0924

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
USA
I have plenty of data left. So I don't think it has anything to do with throttling.

I reset my network settings but that didn't solve the problem. I tested the speed away from my work place and I got around 20+ Mbps. So, I'm guessing its becoz of the congestion at my workplace that I'm not getting good speeds. However I didn't have this problem with my oneplus one. So, not sure whats up with my iPhone.

I don't have problems with my signal though. The calls are going thru and coming along fine.

Vengeful

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2011
My phone turned out to be defective, they replaced it for me and its all good now.

Vengeful

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2011
Vengeful

How was that determined?
Not sure, I went to the genius bar, they tried resetting the phone but you could quickly see it just wasn't staying connected to the cell service. They said my phone was one of the rare cases and replaced it for me.

sebutin

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2015
Not sure, I went to the genius bar, they tried resetting the phone but you could quickly see it just wasn't staying connected to the cell service. They said my phone was one of the rare cases and replaced it for me.

Might need to get a replacement for my phone too. It just drops signal constantly and I can't even get LTE (iPhone 6s Plus T-Mobile)

Vengeful

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2011
Just wanted to update this thread in case others had this same issues. My 2nd iphone 6s plus turned out to be bad as well, not as bad as the first but I kept losing reception and data. I went back to the apple store about a week later after trying everything to fix it software wise (and through att service check). They tested my phone and found it faulty and replaced it again. So far no issues with this phone, 3rd try is the charm?, my signal stays solid and never drops call or data. I think I can finally enjoy my new phone.

Reactions: jamespa66
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.