Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toptierqueer

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2018
Made an account to confirm the magic. Four hours stuck on "estimating..". Read through this thread, started it over, and it was restored in like 5 minutes!!!! Crazy.

Feira123

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2018
I’m trying to see if this magic works.. been waiting for 30 mins and still stuck. Finger crossed

ksho

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2018
Help! My Iphone 6 Plus is stuck with a "Restore in Progress" screen... while itunes is still showing an "Estimating time remaining" message.

Please work your magic!

danmux

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2019
WTF!

Literally stuck on estimating for 2 hours - came here, and it moved to 5 mins remaining!!

hannahthewhovian

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2019
Will posting help? I've tried to restore for the past day now, and every time, it either gets stuck or says it cannot restore. I've been without a phone for 4 days now because mine stopped working ;-;

Also it's 2019 and there are 19 pages now grr

Blu-ray1972

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2013
Ha! I had the exact same problem, and just after I opened your thread, it finally got unstuck! Thanks for the magic, haha :D

Unfortunately didn't work for me this way.

[EDIT]
Darnit... even posting to the thread didn't work.

If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. GRRRRR

al wenno

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2019
Okay I'm writing this in a hope it works!! I had mine stuck at 2hrs for about an hour started reading the thread and no shet it went to 44 minutes at last!! then I carried reading and it didn't move.. I'm hoping that by writing this its gonna jump start it again!!!

Just looked still stuck!! FFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK OOOOFFFFFF U STUPIDDD IPHONEEEEE!!

Tjklloyd

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2019
Ha! I had the exact same problem, and just after I opened your thread, it finally got unstuck! Thanks for the magic, haha :D
[doublepost=1563494779][/doublepost]I know this is an old post...but it must be a magic one! I was stuck on 1 minute remaining for 17 minutes read this thread and it seriously moved on!!!

temptemporary

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2017
Testing...
[doublepost=1565041029][/doublepost]Not sure yet... goes on really slow.

Last edited:

Jess Ivanovna

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2020
My phone updated Christmas Day and crashed itself into a dreaded boot loop. I tried everything over the last week to no avail. On the rare occasion I could even unlock it, it would freeze and go back into the loop all over again. Finally, someone gave me the advice to let it die (again) and leave it be for awhile. When it finally allows you to unlock DO NOT open anything. This will cause the freezing and rebooting again. From there, plug it into iTunes and do a backup. It took all night, but it worked! Phone was still on this morning. I tried to do a restore from the backup but opening the settings to turn off Find My a Phone caused the boot looping again. I didn’t want to wait for it to die and repeat the process til it connected to iTunes, so I just threw it into restore mode.

and here is where it got stuck on Estimating Time Remaining. For. So. Long. I didn’t believe in this thread’s magic. A few pages in, it was still estimating. By about page 3, it changed to a real time! 4 hours. Then 6 Hours. 9 hours. 10 hours. 11 hours. 12 hours. Throughout the course of reading, it has jumped between 10 and 11 hours. I use my cursor to mark where the progress bar has loaded to, and there’s slow progress being made. I wish it was as quick as everyone else in the thread, but it’s something.

EDIT: 4 hours later and it’s still at 9 hours. Slowly but surely loading. I think everyone prior to me used up the magic.

EDIT 2: it actually took 9 hours, so iTunes really wasn't joking with that estimate. maybe the magic will keep working for someone else.

Last edited:

sureshk

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2020
Reading this thread in 2020!!!! My 6s is stuck in 5 sec remaining. I think my phone got messed up after the 13.5.1 upgrade. Trying to restore from backup and cant seem to get it to work. Any ideas?

bananaboat10

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2020
OH MY FKN GOD. THIS SHT WORKS IN 2020 I LITERALLY JUST MADE AN ACCOUNT TO SAY THAT THIS MAGIC WORKS. THANK YOU THREAD GODS. I'M FREAKING TF OUT!!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.