Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FlamboyanceOfFlamingos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2018
Hawaii
Before you get onto me about how there is probably 1 million different threads on this, hear me out. I have used pretty much every service I could lay my eyes on, paid for a few of them, yet none can get me out of it. My iPhone has no home button (don't ask) so I cant reset it, and I have been trying to get it unstuck for about 48ish hours. I don't know if this matters

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I'm not asking about the home button, per se,
but --
Wouldn't you need a working home button to get your iP6s to reset?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
There is no way you can restore without home button. The reason why you're in a boot loop is because the system detect a badly damaged or missing essential component. If the home button was broken and not missing, you probably could be able to restore it.

FlamboyanceOfFlamingos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2018
Hawaii
Ok, thanks for the advice. I realize getting a new home button would mean touch ID wouldn't work (maybe it will if you get it done at the apple store, but I prefer doing repairs myself) Is there anywhere to get a home button with a cable? I have other iPhones but not of the same generation, would one of those maybe work?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Yup, Touch ID will only work if it from the same specific device. There's no way you can get a working Touch ID without Apple's help to reprogrammed one specific to your device. All other home button will work but no Touch ID support. Either, take it to Apple or Authorized Apple Repair.

I understand where you're coming from though. I used to repair my own iPhone up till the 7 since it was much cheaper but quality of parts may be questionable. Question is it worth it to repair it just for Touch ID?

FlamboyanceOfFlamingos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2018
Hawaii
I looked more into placement parts, and decided on just getting a button of the web. I can live without Touch ID, and I am planning to get a new phone after the new phones drop later this year. Thanks for the advice, it helped a lot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.