Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AntonisCy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Has anybody done this move or have an opinion based on true facts?

First i would like to say that i am not interested in Plus models or the iPhone X.

I have the 6S and i am pretty happy with it bar the fact that the battery has started loosing its charge stamina a little bit (have to charge it two times a day if i use it a little bit more than usual which doesn't bother me a lot because i charge it overnight and mid-day while i am at the gym). But at sometime the battery will give right? I'm not willing to have it opened to change the battery so that is one thing that makes me wonder if i should change.

The other thing is that sometimes i notice the phone getting a little bit sluggish. Not always but when i am heavy-using it like switching between Facebook and Instagram with videos playing etc... Does this happen with the newer ones too?

But what i really want to ask is, is it worth getting the 8 or should i wait for the next generation.

Thanks

P.S any links to YouTube or in depth articles comparing the two models (6S Vs 8)? Couldn't find any!

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin

First i would like to say that i am not interested in Plus models or the iPhone X.

I have the 6S and i am pretty happy with it bar the fact that the battery has started loosing its charge stamina a little bit (have to charge it two times a day if i use it a little bit more than usual which doesn't bother me a lot because i charge it overnight and mid-day while i am at the gym). But at sometime the battery will give right? I'm not willing to have it opened to change the battery so that is one thing that makes me wonder if i should change.

The other thing is that sometimes i notice the phone getting a little bit sluggish. Not always but when i am heavy-using it like switching between Facebook and Instagram with videos playing etc... Does this happen with the newer ones too?

But what i really want to ask is, is it worth getting the 8 or should i wait for the next generation.

Thanks

P.S any links to YouTube or in depth articles comparing the two models (6S Vs 8)? Couldn't find any!
Honestly the 8 is good but they are suppose to change the design next year. If your ok with the current design then get it if not then keep the 6s til next year and get the new one that will have a fresh design.

Reactions: AntonisCy

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Thanks

Your iPhone 6s transition to the iPhone 8 is rather significant. And it also depends how often you upgrade as well, but the iPhone 8 is the last of the series with the home button likely in that design. Otherwise, it's rumored for a 6.1 LCD iPhone in 2018.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I think 6s is still a good phone. I made the switch from 6s to 8+ but I got the bigger display and the second camera.
I didn't change it to have a faster phone, I'd say 6s was fast enough and battery life was still acceptable, although not great as the one I have now (but Plus models have more battery life).
To summarise, you'll get a faster processor, more battery life and a slightly better camera. Is it worth the amount of money you'll have to pay? I don't know, can you make some money out of your old phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.