Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0gravity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2016
For some reason the bluetooth audio cuts out after a track or two and will not come back on until restarting bluetooth all together on my 2015 BMW with iDrive (latest idrive firmware). I thought it was the OS at first so I did a network reset first that didn't help. Second I did a full erase of the phone and that didn't work. Then I tried someone elses iPhone 7 and that didn't work either. My friend also said it did not work in his BMW M4 either.

So then I went to the dealer and tried it on two other BMWs and it did the same thing there. It was working fine on ios10 just two days ago on my 6S so this is definitely a bug. Unless someone here has any other suggestions.

Reactions: SaveUsBatman

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
oh god i hope i don't have any issues. phone comes tomorrow and bluetooth is the main way i typically listen to music in my car.

bertie343

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2011
I have a 2013 GMC Terrain and ever since upgrading to iOS 10 on my 5S and now my 7, whenever I get a phone call, the call goes to the phone (have to select my car speakers from the iPhone screen), and if I'm listening to my iPod connected via USB, it automatically resets the listening preferences and starts playing every song in alphabetical order. Very bizarre bluetooth behavior.

FarNorth

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
same problem on my bmw

I have a '14 BMW and a '16 Porsche and switch between them. The BT performance is head and shoulders better than my iPhone 6, works like a champ. Backing out of the garage, it hooks up before I shift into Drive. I used to have to fight with my 6, turn BT off and on, screw around. I'm thrilled with my 7.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I am having pauses, stutters and then speed up to catch up. I had similar issues with my iPhone 6 Plus during the iOS 9 betas I think. My 6 Plus recently would stutter once or twice in the first 5 minutes or so of driving and then be fine. It seems worse when I am stopped at a light, as though there is either interference or the phone is doing some background stuff relative to location services. The vehicle is a 2012 Lincoln MKS with Sync.

FWIW I did have iOS 10 on my 6 Plus for a week and it had no issues.

Reactions: SaveUsBatman

zuckuss00

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2012
Hello,

Just wanted to reach out and see if any of you have been experiencing bluetooth connectivity issues between your new iPhone 7/+ and your cars bluetooth system?

I got my iPhone 7 yesterday and noticed right away the bluetooth audio steam and call system freezes and does not work. I read up on the issue and seems to be a problem across a few different car brands.

Basically with BMW Connected system. The phone will pair. Stream music for 5-10 seconds then the system freezes. Bluetooth calls don't work and the phone needs to be restarted to free up, only to have the problem happen again once it connects.

Anyone else having similar issues. Across any other car brands?

I'm hoping its an iOS problem. My iPhone 6 worked perfect. Then iPhone 7 with 10.0.1 came. Bluetooth brick now.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
No problems with my iPhone 7 so far. And i use audio streaming daily.

(VW Golf 7)

mlabonte21

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2015
I'm having issues w/ my 2013 Hyundai Elantra.

It will initially pair fine.

But after turning off the car and restarting the car I getting a very loud 'pairing failed' message through my car's audio system.

Only fix is to delete my phone from the car and re-pair it every time.

I had no issues w/ my iphone 6 :(

Reactions: cwawak

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
2012 Audi Q5 owner and been having bluetooth streaming issues since I got my iP7 on release day. Happened about once every other day so far, I'll get into the car and the phone will connect, play music for a few seconds and then disconnect. Then it'll take 30 sec or so to reconnect automatically, then play for a few seconds and then disconnect. This cycle happens constantly until I reboot the phone.

No easy way to tell if it's the car or phones fault but I don't remember having this same issue in the whole year I used my iP 6S. Pretty frustrating.

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014
Loosing bluetooth audio on my 16 bmw m235i. Replaced three time all same issue. Returned 7+ keeping 6s+.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Try to delete your old iPhone profile in your car's Bluetooth system and try to connect the new one again.

sdwaltz

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana
No issues in an aftermarket Pioneer system.

It's my understanding the OEM bluetooth systems are fairly fickle - BMW's in particular.

2pacj

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2010
Hello,

Just wanted to reach out and see if any of you have been experiencing bluetooth connectivity issues between your new iPhone 7/+ and your cars bluetooth system?

I got my iPhone 7 yesterday and noticed right away the bluetooth audio steam and call system freezes and does not work. I read up on the issue and seems to be a problem across a few different car brands.

Basically with BMW Connected system. The phone will pair. Stream music for 5-10 seconds then the system freezes. Bluetooth calls don't work and the phone needs to be restarted to free up, only to have the problem happen again once it connects.

Anyone else having similar issues. Across any other car brands?

I'm hoping its an iOS problem. My iPhone 6 worked perfect. Then iPhone 7 with 10.0.1 came. Bluetooth brick now.

It would work with my car for about 10 mins, then stops.

2015 MB ML63.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.