Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
Hey,

It's been a while since I've had to take a phone (or anything, really) to the genius bar for service. My dad's phone broke, phone bent somehow (in an Otterbox Defender since Day 1, no less) and bottom volume rocker doesn't work (see pictures below) and he wants to get it fixed but he doesn't want to deal with the mall where my store is... He's elderly and disabled, FWIW. Can I take the phone in for him? What would I do, just make an appointment as myself? The phone is on my cell account so I planned on going anyway... No Apple Care, but still in warranty until end of January 2018. Estimated cost for replacement?

Thanks!

IMG_0213.jpg IMG_0218.jpg IMG_0219.jpg

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
see if you're able to call to a manager there at the store and explain the situation regarding you're dad unable to go with you. they may be able to help somehow.

FWIW i was able to get my wifes iPhone 6 swapped out while she waited in the car (out of town apple store since we don't have one where i live and our dog was with us for the trip) and didn't have any issues ALTHOUGH she was on the same phone plan. not sure if they even look at that while swapping.

Reactions: CMoore515
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.