Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teeskay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2017
DonZelli M.G.
Hi all,
my iphone 7 fell face flat down from pocket height earlier today, screen protector cracked a bit, albeit everything else was fine, i wanted to take a picture and opened the back camera and discovered that the whole camera had turned green, like there was a green overlay to it, with millions of thick purple bars/lines, sort of like what happens when you dont connect a vga monitor into the port properly. the camera still works, focusses and takes pictures well. now i wana ask, could it be that the flex just shifted? or the camera itself is damaged, and how do i go about fixing the problm

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
So your saying the pictures look ok once you load them on a PC / view them? its just the preview?

Really hard to guess what sort of damage you did... going to need to be repaired no matter what you do.

teeskay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2017
DonZelli M.G.
nope, when i take the pictures, the green overcast and purplelines still show in the snapshots, as is in the camera app.
So your saying the pictures look ok once you load them on a PC / view them? its just the preview?

Really hard to guess what sort of damage you did... going to need to be repaired no matter what you do.

Well i cant say exactly, but yes the green overcast and purple bars still show up when i take a picture, i attached a screenshot of the camera app, in the current state for better reference (tried uploading a snapped picture but the website wont let me), from my past experience with laptop monitors and VGA connectors i can definitely say its a flex related issue

Attachments

• B9AF1AC4-9EFB-4F04-93F3-806BE91DB4FA.png
    B9AF1AC4-9EFB-4F04-93F3-806BE91DB4FA.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 376
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.