Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cleanair

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
The Genius at the store said that it must have been a factory problem or because when it was packed it had the charger and earpods behind it it must have brushed up against them while packed.

I got the jet black by the way. Has anyone else had this problem?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The Genius at the store said that it must have been a factory problem or because when it was packed it had the charger and earpods behind it it must have brushed up against them while packed.

I got the jet black by the way. Has anyone else had this problem?

Regardless, be prepared for the Jet black color to scratch easily even out of the box brand new. It's just one of the downfalls with that specific color iPhone.

Reactions: mattysmith118

cleanair

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
Which color is the best and most popuar?
[doublepost=1510738087][/doublepost]Looking at the pictures online, it looks like I got the matte black one though even though I requested jet black. Is jet black more expensive?
[doublepost=1510738352][/doublepost]
Regardless, be prepared for the Jet black color to scratch easily even out of the box brand new. It's just one of the downfalls with that specific color iPhone.

Would that mean that it wouldn't sell very well as used because of the scratches? Or if you use case would it not scratch?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
1.Color is subjective. 2.Jet black costs the same as other colors. 3.Apple warns customers that jet black will show scratches easily.. 4.Jet black sold very well.

cleanair

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
I read that jet black cost more than others. Did it used to cost more but then did the price come down to being same as other? As guess "scratch easily" matters only when you are using it caseless, right? As long as you use a case, will it be ok?

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
I read that jet black cost more than others. Did it used to cost more but then did the price come down to being same as other? As guess "scratch easily" matters only when you are using it caseless, right? As long as you use a case, will it be ok?
No color ever in iPhones have been different priced.
No the jet black wasnt more expensive. It did only come in certain memory storage thought so that is probably what your assuming by being more expensive.
You couldnt buy it in 64 gig like you could matte black.

cleanair

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
1.Color is subjective. 2.Jet black costs the same as other colors. 3.Apple warns customers that jet black will show scratches easily.. 4.Jet black sold very well.
Will a used Jet Black sell at a higher price than the matte black?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.