Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kozhyx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2020
Hi everyone, my iPhone has a problem: diagonal lines appear at different angles. If you look at the iPhone directly, then there are no lines. The problem is about the same as in the picture below. Who had a similar problem? is it progressing or not?

Example

Kozhyx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2020
If your competent with taking it apart, I would check the display connectors. Failing that, it’s likely a digitiser fault.
When I click on the screen, these lines move to the place of pressing. Maybe 3Dtouch problem?

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
When I click on the screen, these lines move to the place of pressing. Maybe 3Dtouch problem?

It could be, although I think that's still going to mean a new digitiser but hopefully someone else can clarify.

The only other thing that could be causing issues are the battery if it's swollen and is pushing up against the back of the display or a cable/connector that isn't sat right or contacting something else (display connectors).

Kozhyx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2020
I bought an iPhone a couple of days ago, the warranty is still long. Except for this problem, everything else is perfect. I think I’ll continue to use this device ... I read various forums, I came across a service center record: “when replacing the screen, after the polymerization procedure, lines appear, even if everything is done perfectly. The only way to get rid of them is to use a special device to heat the module to 50 degrees in a few days. ” According to them, all the ips modules that they used, to one degree or another, suffered from this defect starting from the iPhone 6s.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

It’s definitely not a 3D Touch issue. If you’re seeing vertical lines, either with a multicolor/kind a green-ish, it’s a faulty digitizer. There was another thread on this exact topic that someone was experiencing with a different iPhone model, but experienced the same symptoms in terms of when you Apply pressure to the display, it gives you seven layered vertical lines that appear on the display.

Another way you can tell, is if you apply pressure to the display aside from vertical lines showing, the ’pinpoint accuracy’ on the phone will be off-center as well, meaning if you try to touch a specific app/icon on your phone, they may not react immediately or have a slight delay where it’s not registering properly.

Kozhyx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2020
It’s definitely not a 3D Touch issue. If you’re seeing vertical lines, either with a multicolor/kind a green-ish, it’s a faulty digitizer. There was another thread on this exact topic that someone was experiencing with a different iPhone model, but experienced the same symptoms in terms of when you Apply pressure to the display, it gives you seven layered vertical lines that appear on the display.

Another way you can tell, is if you apply pressure to the display aside from vertical lines showing, the ’pinpoint accuracy’ on the phone will be off-center as well, meaning if you try to touch a specific app/icon on your phone, they may not react immediately or have a slight delay where it’s not registering properly.
Does the problem progress or not? on my device, the lines are poorly visible and if nothing changes, then I will probably continue to use this iPhone

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
I can confirm this is a faulty digitiser. We refurbish original Apple displays and of course the digitiser is aftermarket. Sometimes there is a bad batch and there are panels like this (worse).

Kozhyx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2020
I can confirm this is a faulty digitiser. We refurbish original Apple displays and of course the digitiser is aftermarket. Sometimes there is a bad batch and there are panels like this (worse).
Ok, thank you. Can I continue to use this device or will it get worse over time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.