Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
This is not the way you want to iPhone to arrive. Not sure how this happened but the packaging wan't destroyed, doesn't make sense.

LYppQjZ.jpg

http://bgr.com/2016/09/29/iphone-7-exploding-fire-photos/

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Very, very suspicious. I don't buy it.

The conspiracy theorist inside me screams "it's a setup". FUD about the iPhone 7 exploding is just what Samsung would need.
[doublepost=1475163843][/doublepost]
Dude! That was shipped to you? This has to be a joke, man. Straight from Apple?

If you look under the big ol' picture, there's a URL to the article. Caught me out too. :)

Reactions: AppleWarrior

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Sorry for the formatting, not sent to me. Just saw the article. Doesn't make sense to me. The packaging seems like it would be destroyed to me if it came like that. Hurting Apple's stock today though.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Humorous writing, although I suspect foul play.

"The world’s leading smartphone makers just can’t stop copying each other."

http://bgr.com/2016/09/29/iphone-7-exploding-fire-photos/

Why did you post this BS?

You suspect foul play? Do you not SEE the pictures? You can clearly see the box was punctured and so was the battery compartment. You puncture a battery, bad stuff happens. This is a non issue and an article made only as click bait. Besides, this is some bogus BS anyways looking to capitalize on recent Samsung crap. Journalists who do this **** should be shunned for life.

Reactions: iLOLWUT and Setarip

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
It's obviously the OP just posted the story to show it was a joke anyway. Don't jump on him relax. Your phone will be ok. OP yes I read the article earlier today and laughed as well. Thought it was funny. Welcome to the internet where everyone gets upset over everything. Lol

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
It looks like something impaled the box and put a huge dent into the back of the phone so it probably happened in transit. Maybe it was crushed by one of the automated tracks shippers use to sort packages.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
Looks like forklift damage. How the shippers at various points allowed this to pass is a good quality control question. As far as the rest is concerned I believe it as much as I believe you can drill a hole in your iPhone to use you old headphones.

gaymerraver

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Essex/London
No way did that just "explode" without something else causing it in the first place you can see the phone has not exploded from the inside and the components reacting but from the outside.

Nekomichi

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2016
I ran a check against the device serial number that was visible in the photos, it appeared to be invalid.

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
At first glance, I agree it looks like the packaging (and the phone) were somehow crushed in transit. If that's the case, a battery failure would be expected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.