Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobnlyne

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
San Antonio
A couple days ago my iPhone 7 has begun to get very hot while doing nothing whatsoever. Just sitting in my back pocket for example. It becomes uncomfortably hot when it does I can watch the battery run down quickly. NO open apps. When getting down toward zero it seems to enter a boot loop.

I spent over an hour on the phone (my wife's) two days ago with a very smart tech rep with my carrier. We couldn't get the thing to respond at all. He passed me off to an Apple rep. Same 'ol same 'ol.

She made me an appointment with an Apple service center. They were able to get it to take a charge and ran a diagnostic test on it. Tested perfectly. But here I sit today with an iPhone 7 getting hot, doing nothing whatsoever, NO open apps, watching the battery run down from 87 to 68 so far. No, make that 67. No, make that 66.

Anyone else heard of this problem? What do I do?

Grandbob
[doublepost=1512512514][/doublepost]Okay, it just got down to to 60% and I plugged in a charging cord. No little lightening bolt next to the battery symbol!! I pulled the plug to find another cord and it went into its boot loop. So here I sit with a useless phone. But it is cool now.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.