Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotelspunk33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2015
I dropped my iPhone 7 slighting into the bath while it was charging and nothing happened. Later on it died and would not charge at all. I would press the power button and the screen would turn on with the battery dead sign, so maybe the circuits are not fried? I was wondering, if I were to replace the charging port, would the iphone be able to charge again? I checked the water damage marker in the sim tray and it is completely dry/fine. Only the bottom of the phone hit the water, and it was ever so slightly.

Thanks!

AxlTJ

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2018
Well if you are going to replace the charging port that would entail opening up the phone. You may be able to see if there was indeed water inside despite the phone being waterproof.

if I were to replace the charging port, would the iphone be able to charge again?

I guess there is only one way to find out - replace it.

hotelspunk33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2015
Oh definitely. OP should do thorough research on how this is done or he can opt to have this done by techs, local or Apple. Naturally, Apple techs would cost more.

I was thinking of taking to a iphone repair store. There’s one with lots of reviews that seems pretty good that will do it for $50.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.