Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
hi all

When my iPhone 7 Plus is plugged in and charging and I press and hold my finger on the home button, the device goes crazy as if I am repeatedly pressing and releasing the button. The Taptic Engine also goes mad, buzzing away. As soon as I disconnect the charger, the issue goes away.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Many thanks

M.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
hi all

When my iPhone 7 Plus is plugged in and charging and I press and hold my finger on the home button, the device goes crazy as if I am repeatedly pressing and releasing the button. The Taptic Engine also goes mad, buzzing away. As soon as I disconnect the charger, the issue goes away.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Many thanks

M.

Just make sure you're using authentic Apple OEM charging cable and Brick.

Also you can try the following under settings: Disable the haptic feedback on the home button, power off the iPhone, then power back on, then re-enable the haptic home button.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Just make sure you're using authentic Apple OEM charging cable and Brick.

Also you can try the following under settings: Disable the haptic feedback on the home button, power off the iPhone, then power back on, then re-enable the haptic home button.

Original lightning cable and 12w charger brick.

I’ll try a restart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.