Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justinmiller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Finally setup the new iPhone 7 yesterday. Set it up as new, no restore. While playing with it, though I can't remember what I was doing, iOS crashed (i.e. black screen, spinning wheel, back to lock screen). This morning it happened again. What preceded it though was that I had just unlocked the phone and I couldn't open any folders whatsoever. It was very strange. I was on the verge of rebooting it when it crashed.

Anyone else experience this?

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Finally setup the new iPhone 7 yesterday. Set it up as new, no restore. While playing with it, though I can't remember what I was doing, iOS crashed (i.e. black screen, spinning wheel, back to lock screen). This morning it happened again. What preceded it though was that I had just unlocked the phone and I couldn't open any folders whatsoever. It was very strange. I was on the verge of rebooting it when it crashed.

Anyone else experience this?
Restore in iTunes

justinmiller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
I wasn't using any app. I was simply trying to open folders. I then tried to open Safari via a Spotlight search and I think it crashed then.

So a related question -- I recently cleaned out my iTunes App library. And apparently "Transfer purchases from device" no longer works (by design apparently). So how can I easily get all my old apps back after the setup as new?
[doublepost=1474203920][/doublepost]Nevermind on the second question. I found the past purchases tab in iTunes.

Reactions: Alexrat1996
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.