Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRISX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2016
Hello, my wife has a 7+, it have a speaker and mic issue. The speaker is barely audible and the mic is pretty weak, like is not very sensitive anymore on calls, although in speaker mode it works good. It also have a very weak battery.

We will send it to Apple via mail for a battery replacement (no near store) and I wonder if I should say anything else to see if the speaker and Mic are easy solvable problems like with a cleanup or something.

We wouldn’t like to pay much more since we basically want the phone to endure for the end of the year only, and she has been surviving with that issue since she use it mainly with headphones. But do you recall if these symptoms were common for this model and what was the solution? I think is something particular to this model since my sister’s had the same issue.

Thanks!

maxjohnson2

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2017
You want to mention it to them, if lucky it's just a replacement of the mic and speaker, or some cleaning. But worse case scenario it could be the Audio IC issue which has a class action lawsuit going on. This problem involved the speaker button greyed out during calls. I heard from some other members Apple refuses to fix it. If you have this problem, there are ebay third party services that you you can send your phone to for them to fix, if you want to try that, it require micro soldering to fix.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.