Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steelhauler34

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 23, 2019
Just curious if there is any place that sells these damaged units really cheap. Ones that are otherwise fine but suffer from audio loop problems.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Just curious if there is any place that sells these damaged units really cheap. Ones that are otherwise fine but suffer from audio loop problems.

There is restriction from selling on certain states strictly because the phone is rendered defective. If the phone was sold on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist, someone can still openly sell the phone, but you have to disclose the phone itself is basically inoperable ‘for parts only’.

steelhauler34

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 23, 2019
There is restriction from selling on certain states strictly because the phone is rendered defective. If the phone was sold on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist, someone can still openly sell the phone, but you have to disclose the phone itself is basically inoperable ‘for parts only’.
Got ya. I'm currently using one now and to me it doesn't matter as I always talk on a bluetooth device. Figure I could get another super cheap

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.