Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AsifTambir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2023
My iphone 7 microphone is getting disabled every now and then. When disabled, i can't make calls and capture video or pictures. After restarting or leaving it alone for sometime, it gets fixed but then after sometime the problem persists. My device is running ios 15.7.3. How to fix it? Is it software issue or a hardware one??

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Any chance of water getting inside the phone? Also was it working fine before and has suddenly stopped working or was there any incident which may have caused the issue such as a drop or something?

AsifTambir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2023
Any chance of water getting inside the phone? Also was it working fine before and has suddenly stopped working or was there any incident which may have caused the issue such as a drop or something?
Actually, i bought it used so not sure and yeah it came with the problem but i discovered it later. Since it fixes when restart it or leave it alone, i think it isn't caused by any physical damage to the mic but again not sure.

Last edited:

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Unfortunately it was a known problem with iPhone 7 due to hardware issues:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: sorgo †

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Unfortunately it was a known issue with iPhone 7 due to hardware issues:

Oops. I never had the iPhone 7. Looks like OP is out of luck in that case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.