Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SymptomFinger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
So, ever since I got my iPhone 7 Plus, every time I FaceTime (with someone who also has an iPhone 7 Plus), throughout the call there will be a frequent popping noise that kind of sounds like when you pull out your headphones while something is playing, but louder. He tends to use the speaker when we FaceTime, so its not his headphones. I've also received calls from him on my macbook and the audio still pops and cuts in and out.

Anyone else with an iPhone 7 notice this? I'm wondering if there really is a problem with the mic sensitivity, since a lot of people are having loud white noise in their recordings.

EDIT: This also happens on Messenger calls and regular phone calls, and is sometimes heard on both ends.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Wow. Strange. My fiancé's 6s+ started doing the same thing after we upgraded to 10.0.1. Exactly as you described! I blamed her for doing something to the phone! Now, I'm thinking differently.

Bwrin1

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Indianapolis
Anytime I'm on FaceTime I get crackle and pops all the time it's annoying it happens on my wife's 7+ as well

eXMomoj

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Same issue with my iPhone 7 Plus as well. I might take it to the Apple Store to see if they can diagnose the problem.

wickedwahine11

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Ditto, mine is irritating the hell out of me and seems to do it every few minutes when I am on a call. Tomorrow is my last chance to swap it, and I am leaning towards trying to exchange it. I am sorry all of you have it happening but glad to know I am not crazy and it is not just me.

rsbacon

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2015
Yep, thinking about returning mine for the same issue. I use the speaker a lot for both FaceTime and Skype conference calls, and it sounds terrible. The pops seem to be coming from the earpiece speaker

I thought I would ride it out with the No Service issue and wait for a software update, but this one is too hard for me to live with daily :(

Booji

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2011
Tokyo
I was experiencing a horrible stutter and popping with youtube audio on my 7+. I did a hard reset and it was fine.

Not too happy about this - reminds me of Windows.

Shiftyx

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2016
Anytime I'm on FaceTime I get crackle and pops all the time it's annoying it happens on my wife's 7+ as well
[doublepost=1483046364][/doublepost]Try doing a DFU restore it is a software issue on some devices that rolled out at a certain time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.