Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nirhend

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Hi,

I have a 7 Plus 128GB, OS 10.2.

I noticed today that sometime when I open the camera app in "Photo" mode the view is blurred, stuck and try to focus really slow. Going to "Portrait", "Video", "Pano" or other modes other then "Photo" or "Square" works fine. But these two just dont.

See my reproduce video:

I called apple support, was told to reset to factory settings and then restore.

What do you think? is this common? What is the best solution?

Please note that in the past week I took a lot of pictures with no issue, it just started today.

Thanks!

nirhend

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Others have reported this issue in this forum. Take it to Apple and demonstrate, they should replace

Unfortunately there is no AppleStore in my country, sending it to the authorized reseller will take days until replacement will arrive.

Also, in several threads it seems that people complain on this issue even after replacement

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Unfortunately there is no AppleStore in my country, sending it to the authorized reseller will take days until replacement will arrive.

Also, in several threads it seems that people complain on this issue even after replacement

I would start the process to get it replaced unless you want to live with it.

nirhend

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
I'll contact them on Sunday and see what can be done.
It's a bummer as last week I was in UK and could get it replaced in store :(

nirhend

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
I had this resolved.
1. Did a full iCloud backup
2. Got the device into DFU mode
3. Connected to iTunes and did a clean iOS 10.2 install
4. Did a full iCloud restore.

Issue seems to be fixed.

I had several more strange behavior using the device since 10.2 upgrade. Apple support that OTA upgrade might cause a buggy copy of the OS which can cause this.

nkawal

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2011
NYC
Got my phone about 4 days now and immediately upgraded to 10.2 before restoring. As soon as I opened the camera and tried a portrait a message popped up saying that it was a beta and if I'd like to try it. I did but have noticed that the quality of pics aren't that good in portrait or regular. Auto focus seems to take a long time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.