Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mb2016

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
Hi guys,

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before. But I need to make some sense out of the whole delivery/tracking system that's handled by Apple followed by the courier.

Could someone please advise me on how the whole thing works? Also how long does it usually take for the item to reach UK once it's been Dispatched?

I first had a tracking number given as: 6YX9446
Which after I found out is more of a flight number really and was headed to Amsterdam today and think it did reach there today.

Yesterday I was given a 10 digit number as a tracking number for DHL but this doesn't work anywhere at all.

Can someone please help?

Thanks all in advance

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If the delivery window hasn't passed you're fine.

Apple has a pretty complicated system for dispatching and delivering stuff - I wouldn't be surprised if you made 2 consecutive orders that ended up going via different airlines.

mb2016

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
Masotime,

Thanks for a quick response mate , really appreciate it.

I only made the one order. It's still under the est. delivery time, however I want to keep an eye on it and it's a very strange system. Do you have any idea how I go on about tracking the delivery so I can stay up to date with it?

Thanks

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
It could simply be that the tracking number you were given hasn't been entered into DHL's system yet. If you're on a tight schedule, I'd recommend calling up Apple and asking the CS Rep if they have more information regarding the shipment.

mb2016

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
It could simply be that the tracking number you were given hasn't been entered into DHL's system yet. If you're on a tight schedule, I'd recommend calling up Apple and asking the CS Rep if they have more information regarding the shipment.

Thank you
I'll call Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.