Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
Two different units, one with iOS 10.03 and the other with 10.1. Both freeze occasionally--sometimes more than once per day, sometimes once every day or so. Unresponsive to home button, screen tapping, anything but resetting by means of pressing power button along with down volume button. No consistency in freezing--no single app or action seems to be at fault.

Both 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus units.

I wonder whether we're dealing with a hardware issue or iOS issue.

Please report your iphone lockup/freeze experiences.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
I got my 7+ the very first day. The buttons stopped working on two different occasions requiring a reboot. Has not happened in weeks and maybe one of the updates fixed it. Been flawless since.

I also thought the 10.1 update fixed the lockups--for a while.

Hans_Gruber

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2016
I don't think this is specific to the 7 Plus. Ever since I installed 10.1 on my 6S Plus, my bluetooth is taking around 10 seconds to turn on. Also when I open Spotify first thing in the morning, nothing happens for around the same amount of time, 10 seconds or so then the app will finally open

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
I've had my 7 Plus 4 weeks and not one freeze or lock up. No major issues at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.