Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kennedytown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2020
I haven't been able to open the Instagram app (and yes, JUST the Instagram app, out of the many apps I have on my phone) since the ios 14 update in September. I'm on 14.2 now but the problem has been persisting since the first iOS 14 update. Was excited to use the widgets and now I regret updating.

The situation: Upon clicking on the icon, I get taken to the loading screen (blank screen with Instagram logo) for a couple of seconds before it crashes and takes me back to my home page.

Link to screen recording of it crashing: https://imgur.com/gallery/KqNfNVX

Attempted solutions: I've done everything - deleted and re-installed the app, deleted all Instagram related data, reset my iPhone settings. I have 30 GB storage available so that shouldn't be an issue. I've reported the bug and tried contacting Instagram but it's been 3 months and I literally haven't been able to open it.

Honestly really tempted to just get a new phone at this point because I work in social media and this is like trying to go to work without Gmail. Please send help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.