Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nav92

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
Hello everyone,
My iPhone 7 Plus battery life was great until this week started. Now I can barely make it a day and it's all because of more than 30% battery usage by Siri.
I have turned it completely off (which shouldn't be a good solution as I love Hey Siri on my AW which is also connected), turned off any suggestions from it and it still keeps staying at top.

I have waited 2-3 days of this week to see if it makes any difference but it's really sad to know that the battery keeps going down faster than before.

Weirder thing is that it was all going great with all features ON and it would give me 2-3 days easy.

Will a restore help? I set it up as a new phone when I bought it to avoid such issues but in vain.
Please suggest some options. Thank you!

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Weird question but have you rebooted your device after made changes ? Sometimes it needs reboot to make changes.

Try also go to power off switch window (when you hold Power button ) and hold home button for few seconds till you go to home screen to reset RAM (which should be cleaned by reboot but who knows ? )

nav92

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
Thanks for your response and yes this is weird. Never happened to me before with my old iPhones.
Tried resetting the RAM (Power button and volume down in this case), restarted the phone but Siri remains on top of battery usage no matter what.

I just wanted to see if there were an alternative before I eventually restore it and hopefully fix the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.