Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ev0d3vil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Backup android phone seems fine though. Is it a hardware failure somewhere ? Still have warranty from Apple. Tried other Sims, they work fine on my android but not on the 7 plus..

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
Have you checked your carrier settings? Maybe something got switched off? Seems strange, but my wife's iPhone recently had mobile data switched off, even though she had no idea there was such a setting.

Ev0d3vil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Have you checked your carrier settings? Maybe something got switched off? Seems strange, but my wife's iPhone recently had mobile data switched off, even though she had no idea there was such a setting.

Nope, everything is on as per usual.. my Sims work on my spare android phone, and everything is setup for roaming.

Ev0d3vil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Sure seems like there's something wrong with the phone if all your settings are correct and you know the sim and account are good. Does the phone connect to WiFi?

Yeah wifi works.. hopefully Apple replaces my phone because it’s frustrating to have a phone not work on you when you’re out of the country. If I hadn’t brought a spare I’ll be damned.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
This happened to me once with the iPhone 3G. I tried a new SIM card and all the usual things. Eventually I had to take it to Apple and they replaced it.

Last edited:

Ev0d3vil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Hi guys, I suspect my imei has been blacklisted in the foreign country, bought this set second hand, originated from that country. What are my options for Apple to replace it? Still has warranty. It’s not my fault that I did not know there was a blacklist right ?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Hi guys, I suspect my imei has been blacklisted in the foreign country, bought this set second hand, originated from that country. What are my options for Apple to replace it? Still has warranty. It’s not my fault that I did not know there was a blacklist right ?
Sorry. It's your phone. If it has been blacklisted, that's your problem, not Apple's. I'm sure Apple would run some diagnostics on it since it's under warranty, but they won't give you a new phone. They will happily sell you a new phone, however. That's about it. The 7 Plus could make a great controller for HomeKit.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
my 3G was brand new from my carrier. It hadn’t been blacklisted as I’d not reported it stolen and I was making my monthly payments. Apple replaced it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.