Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benhayes74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2016
What are the best waterproof cases for the iPhone 7 plus that are minimal ?

benhayes74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2016
I want to try the dog and bone case. Can't remember name a little lighter than LifeProof Fre etc

I haven't seen that mate ? Got a pic ? I did see this one from case boss....
e09611ebc6e412521a88a04c05b25a87.jpg

canvasback13

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
I have a ghostek atomic 3. Just got it this am. The screen is nice and doesn't rainbow. It seems as clear at a naked screen. I have a tempered glass protecter on under the case. Gap between screen and my screen is minimal. Typing on this is better than on a life proof fre.

This a big heavy case. Much more substantial than a life proof fre. I also think it will be more shock resistant.

I wouldn't want this (or any waterproof case I have ever owned) for everyday use. I got this case for duck hunting and beach use. It's a lot of case for everyday use. My wife says I sound a little muffled while talking to her, she had same complaints with life proof. I keep EarPods handy when I use a waterproof case to make any serious calls.

Build quality is pretty good. I do wish the charging port door was a little easier to open. It has a small plastic tab to grab.

Over all I like it. I needed a case to provide good protection for use around salt water. I think this will do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.