Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

livesupermatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
So my iPhone 7 Plus is the 125gb, it works fine when left pretty empty. But when I fill it with Music & Videos; (which I love having movies on it) the iPhone don’t sync anymore with iTunes. My music & videos say they’re being sunk but just ends up GRAY on my iPhone. So I have to RESET this iPhone & delete all contents & settings to get it to talk to iTunes again. What’s the point of the extra space if it can’t figure out how to use it without getting all retarded talking to iTunes? Am I doing something wrong? Do folks move Movies a lot without trouble? I need help cause I’m getting sick of re-setting this thing! All the time!

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
1. It’s synced, not sunk.

2. What’s the process you follow to fill the device up with movies and music?

livesupermatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
I use iTunes for that. Music I buy from iTunes & movies I encode using Handbrake to iPhone specs (h264 1080p Main). The films play fine, then I want to change out a movie or remove it & if I make those changes using iTunes or removing the movie using the iPhone.... it then can’t sync anymore & when it does the contents are grated out.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Ok. Rather than choosing specific contents from your library, can you create a separate folder with all the movies and music you want to sync then import everything to iTunes and sync the whole library? See if that works. If it does then there could be a bug on iTunes when you manage assets.

livesupermatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ok. I’ll try that after work today. Thanks for the response, I’m a faithful iPhone guy but am getting sick of it not allowing media files on through iTunes.
[doublepost=1514902818][/doublepost]I don’t know if it helps but when the iPhone gets like this it won’t move files into folders using iTunes either. Hopefully not having the movies in the TV app will help.
[doublepost=1514903423][/doublepost]I’m a Videophile so the Movies are always within spec. The ones that aren’t won’t load into iTunes normally anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.