Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustinBennett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2019
Hello I have a slightly bent iphone 7 plus. I took it to the repair shop and they said it was hopeless. The screen has no cracks and works perfectly butthey say that the bend is putting presure on the screen and that the screen might crack. Do you think i should keep it and take the risk or sell it well it still has a decent amount of value.

fartnugget213

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2017
I actually have the same problem. Dropped a 90 pound dumbbell on the phone while it was in the case, impact hit the back and the aluminum flexed inward as much as the front bezels allowed. The bottom left of the phone now looks swollen as if a mosquito bit it on the front.

I took it to a shop and they quoted me 250-300$, took it to another and I was quoted 50$ to swap the internals to a new rear housing. The person I spoke to said it wasn't too bad, so it's worth it for me.

If I were you I'd keep asking shops and seeing what can be done, if it's over 200$ I would personally just get a new phone.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
I don’t think anyone would give u a decent amount for that phone if he knows about the problem. Maybe $100 unless u scam the buyer.
So just keep using until it dies.

Please adjust your headline so that people can understand the topic

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don’t think anyone would give u a decent amount for that phone if he knows about the problem. Maybe $100 unless u scam the buyer.
So just keep using until it dies.

I wouldn’t make the suggestion that you did, especially to a new forum member on here. That said, if someone’s considering selling a phone that has a ‘bend’ in it, you can’t hide that, it’s considered damaged as it is, and there’s only so much that phone will fetch in the overall value.

Last edited:

TGM85

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2005
Hello I have a slightly bent iphone 7 plus. ... Do you think i should keep it and take the risk or sell it well it still has a decent amount of value.

Sadly you have a bent iPhone. I'm afraid that means it does not have a decent amount of value anymore. At least it has lost a big part of it's remaining value.

Might want to consider trading it in, you might still get something for it that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.