Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Munem2x

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2021
Iphone 7 worked normally until update...After update it wont accept my ID and password
Phone is still registered on my Icloud but look like he changed ID.Can i solve this problem somehow or i need apple support

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020
Iphone 7 worked normally until update...After update it wont accept my ID and password
Phone is still registered on my Icloud but look like he changed ID.Can i solve this problem somehow or i need apple support

From what I understand, is that you probably sold your iPhone 7 to someone... and all the sudden it got activation lock.

When you sell you iPhone, you should sign out and remove this phone from your iCloud account. If you can, you can just go into your iCloud account and remove this device.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
From what I understand, is that you probably sold your iPhone 7 to someone... and all the sudden it got activation lock.

When you sell you iPhone, you should sign out and remove this phone from your iCloud account. If you can, you can just go into your iCloud account and remove this device.
How the heck did you come to that conclusion?

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020
How the heck did you come to that conclusion?

No idea.

But quote from him.

Phone is still registered on my Icloud but look like he changed ID

Phone is registered on OP's iCloud, but "he changed ID" who is him? Must be someone else. It is either he passed iPhone 7 to someone or he sold the phone.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
No idea.

But quote from him.

Phone is still registered on my Icloud but look like he changed ID

Phone is registered on OP's iCloud, but "he changed ID" who is him? Must be someone else. It is either he passed iPhone 7 to someone or he sold the phone.
I think the OP is referring the phone as “He”

The OP is also taking about the phone not working after an update.

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020
I think the OP is referring the phone as “He”

The OP is also taking about the phone not working after an update.

Why would referring the phone as He, not it? Does this iPhone somehow turns to a guy?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.